At VoiceNation, our staff are highly trained to provide live answering and virtual receptionist services to businesses in a variety of fields, and our U.S.-based staff are here to answer calls day and night, even on weekends and holidays, so your callers will always be able to get the help they need. Sign up for a free trial today to see what we can do for your business!
How a Virtual Front Desk Receptionist Can Help Your Business
Every business needs a receptionist who can answer customers’ calls promptly and professionally. But hiring a full-time receptionist can be an expensive option; between salary, benefits, and paid time off, the cost to hire a receptionist may be too much for some businesses. And that’s not to mention the fact that hiring an employee just to answer the phones isn’t usually cost-effective: What will they be doing when the phone isn’t ringing (that doesn’t take their attention away from answering quickly when it does ring)? Fortunately, there’s another option: a virtual front desk receptionist.
What Is a Virtual Front Desk Receptionist?
A virtual front desk receptionist can either be a real-life operator working out of a call center or a computer program. Either way, the goal is to provide all of the services of a traditional front-office receptionist without the need to have a person sitting in a chair at your office all day. A virtual receptionist can be a real person working in another location, or it can be a piece of software connected to your phone system. Services offered can include answering incoming calls, providing information to callers, taking messages, and forwarding calls to the appropriate department or employee. A virtual receptionist can also be highly customizable. You can determine the hours it operates, the call script, and when you should be notified of certain calls. A virtual front desk receptionist can do all of this at a much lower cost than a full-time employee.
What Are the Benefits of a Virtual Front Desk Receptionist?
Virtual front desk receptionist software and services provide the same advantages as a real receptionist, including:
- Call Forwarding: A virtual receptionist can quickly and accurately transfer calls to specific departments or individuals based on the caller’s needs.
- Custom Call Scripts: When you employ a virtual front desk receptionist, you can customize the greeting and call script to provide your callers with the best possible experience.
- Bilingual Support: Virtual front office staff can offer the ability to greet and converse with your callers in different languages, a feature that can be extremely beneficial for businesses that serve a diverse clientele.
- Cost Savings: Virtual front desk staff is often much more cost effective than traditional receptionists. In addition to salary, companies that use a virtual front desk receptionist do not need to pay for benefits, vacation time, or sick leave.
- 24/7 Availability: Virtual receptionists can work 24/7. That means that your customers will still receive the support they need even when your office is closed.
- Professionalism: Virtual front office staff can answer calls appropriately and professionally. This can help your company establish a reputation for respect and credibility with your customers.